Monday, February 7, 2011

A rural nowhere (from which I want to go home)

I was taken here, I don't know why. I think everyone was of the mind I needed some drastic change. This isn't what I asked for. It's sure, I was becoming something bad: eating compulsively, loving for a distraction, my sleep was all fucked up, I was saying things that would confuse me as I was saying them, a look in the mirror felt tragic, days would pass all bunched together and feel like a pill stuck on the way down, and now I'm here. With no one. Who honestly thought this would be the proper repair for my life? I've been handed off into a place where there's no room for who I was. Corruption works harder to exist in these rural settings, but it's still here, and it's driving me more insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment